Healthcare Administration Policy
Extra credit will only be accepted if all other assignments, discussion boards and tests have been submitted. This is not a substitution for completing other work.
Opportunity: Listen to the podcast, “The Uncertain Hour”, season one, episodes 1 – 6.
- S01-1: The Magic Bureaucrat
- S01-2: White gloves, aluminum cans and plasma
- S01-3: What’s love (styles) got to do with it?
- S01-4: Everything but the kitchen sink
- S01-5: “Pregnant? We can help.”
- S01-6: The road not taken
Write a paper that answers the following questions:
- What were the goals of the “Personal Responsibility Work Opportunity and Reconciliation Act“? (Welfare Reform in the 1990’s)
- Did the policy change achieve the intended goal? Why or why not?
- Why is this a health policy matter? Why is it relevant today?
- What has been the impact on health?
- Kansas: Who administers TANF? How many receive support? How has that changed since reform?
- If a change were to be made, what might the first steps be?
- 5-7 pages in length
- Minimum of ten sources (one of which can be the podcast)
- Provide a well-documented case for all assertions and answers to the prompts
- Writing skills: organization/structure, grammar, sentence structure, word choice
The maximum extra credit to be awarded will be up to 50 points.
Direct questions about this opportunity to
Other Resources that may be helpful: